Facts on hearing loss claims and industrial deafness.
At Imperium Law we have specialist solicitors who are experts in dealing with hearing loss claims for industrial deafness.
Tinnitus is one of the most common forms of hearing loss, symptoms include a ringing or constant humming in the ears. It is a condition which sufferers find difficult to live with.
For many the loss of hearing means living in isolation and feelings of frustration. It is believed that 1 in 5 UK adults suffer from some form of hearing loss, however only 20% of those affected ever seek medical help.
Employers are required by law to protect your hearing, if they have failed to do so you could be entitled to compensation.
Since the introduction of 'The Control of Noise at Work Regulations' in 2005, employers have been required to protect the hearing of their workers.
Employers responsibilities to their workers include:
- Taking steps to assess the risk of noise in the workplace.
- Taking steps to reduce workers noise exposure.
- Providing suitable hearing protection if the noise level cannot be reduced.
- Ensuring that the noise does not surpass legal limits.
- Providing suitable training, information and guidance to workers.
- Carrying out assessments when a risk to health has been identified.
Construction and factory workers are most often affected. If you have worked in a noisy environment without ear protection, you could be entitled to make a hearing loss claim against your employer.
If your employer has failed you, we can help you make a hearing loss compensation claim.
If you have suffered occupational hearing loss due to your employers failure to protect you, you could be entitled to claim industrial deafness compensation.
Call 0800 633 5730 and speak to a solicitor today. We can review your compensation case to see if you are entitled to make a claim.