Skip to content

Military hearing loss claims

Claiming compensation for hearing loss sustained in the armed forces.

Claims can be made by those in the Royal Navy and Royal Marines, Royal Air Force, British Army and those serving in the Reserve Forces.

If you served in the armed forces and are now suffering hearing loss you can find out about claiming by calling free on 0800 633 5730.

What can you claim for?

Whether you are still an active member of the armed forces or have left, you can claim for deafness, hearing loss, tinnitus and any other hearing problems which developed directly because of your duties.

Your hearing loss may have occurred slowly over a period of time or it may have occurred because of a trauma such as an exceptional loud noise from for example gun fire.

To make a successful claim you will need to be examined by a medical professional to assess the extent of your hearing damage.

Grounds for making a claim.

The Ministry of Defence is legally required to adhere to the Control of Noise at Work Regulations Act 2005 and Noise at Work Regulations 1989. If you were failed and not protected from a level of noise that could damage your hearing you have a right to claim.

In noisy environments measures should be taken to reduce the level of noise and provide ear production, if this did not happen and you were harmed then the MoD can be held liable.

Hearing loss pre-May 1987

Unfortunately due to technicalities under the Crown Proceedings Act, members of the armed forces who suffered damaged hearing prior to May 15 1987 cannot claim.

If your hearing damage happened after this time call 0800 633 5730 for claims advice.

Claim time limits

There is a three year limit from when you first noticed your problem hearing. If in the past three years you have noticed a reduction in your ability to hear, or have been diagnosed as suffering from hearing problems you are within time to make a claim.

How to make a claim

If you are suffering hearing damage and believe it is directly linked to your work then speak to a specialist hearing loss solicitor at Imperium Law. We can assess your case and advise for free if you have a claim for compensation.

We can take you through the claims process and investigate the circumstances of your case to provide the evidence needed to win a payout.

Why choose us?

Hearing loss compensation is our specialist area of law, and we have years of experience successfully winning claims.

We are here to get you the settlement you deserve, in as short a time as possible.

To discuss making a noise-induced deafness claim against the MOD call us on freephone 0800 633 5730.