Silicosis claims advice.
Silicosis is caused by inhaling small particles of silica dust which become embedded in the lungs. This causes a condition known as fibrosis which is a thickening and scarring of the lungs.
Specialist solicitors at Imperium Law can help you claim compensation after exposure to silica at work.
Workers most likely to be affected include:
- Construction workers involved in sandblasting, rock drilling, masonry work and tunnelling.
- Miners involved in cutting through sandstone and granite.
- Glass workers.
- Stone cutters.
- Foundry workers.
Workers exposed to silica dust may go on to develop silicosis, which is a preventable but incurable respiratory disease.
Winning your claim.
If inhaling silica dust at work has led you to develop silicosis, you are advised to call a specialist industrial diseases solicitor at Imperium Law to discuss your claim case.
Exposure to high levels of silica can cause symptoms within a year, however it can take years of exposure before symptoms become apparent.
Types of Silicosis:
- Chronic Silicosis – this results from long term (up to 20 years) exposure to silica dust, symptoms become apparent slowly.
- Accelerated Silicosis – this results from a higher level of exposure to silica dust over a shorter period. Symptoms become apparent after 5 to 15 years of exposure.
- Acute Silicosis – this is the rarest form of the disease. Symptoms become apparent after a short period of exposure to high levels of silica dust. Lung damage occurs almost immediately.
Why choose Imperium Law?
We work on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis – you only pay a fee if we win your case.
As soon as symptoms become apparent, workers are recommended to seek immediate legal advice by calling a solicitor on 0800 633 5730.
There are strict time limits to making personal injury compensation claims, you have three years from becoming aware of your illness.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with silicosis choose Imperium Law to fight your claim case. We are dedicated to fighting for the best settlement possible for our clients.