Substandard GP Care.
If you or a family member has suffered because of substandard GP care, seek legal advice from Imperium Law.
We have a team of experienced GP negligence claims solicitors dedicated to winning compensation for patients who have been misdiagnosed, or have received an inadequate level of care.
GPs are the first port of call for patients who are ill, and while GPs are not specialists they should be able to diagnosis a medical problem and refer a patient onto a more specialist doctor.
£15,000 payout for patient whose GP failed to spot his testicular cancer.
While the majority of patients receive a good standard of care, there are instances where GPS have made mistakes with devastating and in some cases life threatening consequences.
At present there are 31,700* GPs practising at just under 8000** surgeries in the UK. With a UK population estimated at around 63 million many surgeries are struggling to provide the level of support and care their patients need.
In an environment where appointment times are kept to a minimum to keep patient waiting times down, mistakes can and do happen. Symptoms can be missed and illnesses misdiagnosed, if this has happened to you call us on 0800 633 5730.
If you believe your health or the health of a loved one has been compromised by inadequate GP care then seek legal advice.
You are entitled to highlight the substandard care you have received and make a claim against your GP.
Negligent treatment for which claims have been made include:
- Failure to refer a patient for a cancer investigation.
- Failure to diagnose a brain haemorrhage.
- Failure to diagnose meningitis.
- Failure to refer a patient on to a specialist.
- Failure to diagnose angina which then leads to a heart attack.
- Prescribing the wrong medicine.
- Delayed treatment.
Making a claim.
We are ‘No Win-No Fee’ solicitors – you only pay us if we win you a payout.
Most people completely place their trust in their GP and do not question what they are told about their medication or diagnosis. Many patients who are misdiagnosed only go on to seek a second opinion when they experience more serious symptoms or become seriously ill.
If this happened to you and you were failed by your doctor you are entitled to highlight this failing.
By making a claim you could not only receive a financial settlement for your pain and suffering, you can also highlight your case of sub-standard treatment to prevent other patients from being harmed in the same way.
The amount of compensation you could receive depends on various factors such as:
- The health problems created because of failures in your treatment.
- The level of care you then went on to need.
- The expenses you have incurred.
Why choose Imperium Law?
- We have a team of highly qualified and experienced medical claims solicitors.
- We work on your behalf to investigate your claim and provide the evidence necessary to win you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
- We offer support and legal advice to help you through every stage of the litigation process.
- We work on a ‘No Win-No Fee’ basis to enable all patients who have suffered negligent treatment to make a claim.
- We are here to help all victims of medical negligence, so speak to one of solicitors to find out if you are entitled to compensation.
- If a loved one has died because of GP negligence you can make a claim against the GP who failed them, contact one of our medical negligence solicitors to discuss your case.
Call one of our medical experts on 0800 633 5730 to confidentially discuss making a claim.
* figure from the Royal College of Doctors
** figure from the NHS Confederation