The failure to spot a fractured bone is one of the most common complaints against Accident and Emergency departments.
If you fractured a bone which was left undiagnosed, call Imperium Law on 0800 633 5730 to find out if you are entitled to a payout.
The delayed diagnosis of a fracture can cause various problems as the patient is likely to:
- suffer ongoing pain and discomfort.
- the fracture will heal incorrectly.
- complications may arise which could mean an invasion surgical procedure then becomes necessary.
In addition a person who has an untreated fracture may continue to use the part of the body which is affected when it should be kept immobile.
This could mean that treatment to correct the problem becomes more extensive, and there could be a longer recovery time than if the fracture had been spotted early.
There are several reasons for a fracture being missed that may form the grounds of a claim:
- No x-ray requested due to the inexperience of the examining doctor.
- No x-ray requested because the symptoms were not considered to be typical of a fracture
- X-ray requested but the fracture was missed.
- X-ray results were not passed on to a doctor for further action.
- Each case is unqiue therefore call 0800 633 5730 to find out if you have grounds for a claim.
To make a successful claim it will be necessary to prove that:
- the doctor failed to act reasonably in assessing the injury.
- the doctor’s failure resulted in the true nature of the fracture being missed.
- delayed diagnosis caused further injury.
If you have suffered injury at the hands of a negligent medical practitioner you have a right to seek compensation if their negligence caused you medical complications and you experienced further health problems.
Choose a specialist medical negligence solicitor to represent you as claims can be highly complex.
To discuss the details of your case with a medical compensation solicitor call 0800 633 5730.
- We have a team of experts with specialist knowledge and experience of this area of law.
- We are dedicated to getting claimants the compensation they deserve.
- We can work on a ‘No Win-No fee’ basis.
- We do not ask you to pay our costs unless we win you a payout.